Fatigue is a common problem faced by majority of the population who falls under the hectic lifestyle. It is very important to treat fatigue and frequent weakness as it helps you to perform better. For this purpose there are number of natural energy boosters, natural energy booster drinks and natural energy booster snacks available in the market.
Nothing is as effective and safe as natural energy boosters. So it is very important to check on the contents and ingredients of the energy drinks and snacks while you purchase it. These energy drinks and snacks will give you instant energy boosts but there are some ingredients of these natural energy boosters that can be dangerous when undergone prolonged use. You must see if you are allergic to any of the ingredients mentioned in the formula. Starting from mild side effects to dangerous disorders and conditions, the natural energy boosters should be taken care of.
Stimulants for Energy Boost
Stimulants are one thing people usually opt for when they are low on energy. But stimulants are not the best option for boosting your energy levels. Apart from increasing your energy levels, stimulants also increases the blood pressure and lead to heart ailments like stroke and heart attack. Other side effects of stimulants are sleep disorders, stomach disorders, headaches, irritation, nervousness and so on. This is especially true when an overdose of stimulants is caused.
Herbal stimulants like ephedra or guarana are not certified safe to be used when prescription from your doctor. Ephedra is not approved by the FDA and it was banned by the Federal government in the year 2004. Many herbalists are against this decision as they claim ephedra to be dangerous only when used in high quantities.
When the natural energy boosters do becomes dangerous?
Over dosing is a dangerous habit. Anything used in moderate amount is safe. But sometimes people take more than the prescribed dosages for better and faster results. This is a wrong notion. Any medication or supplements prescribed should be had in the dosage levels mentioned otherwise it will have negative effects only. It is actually very dangerous to overdose natural energy boosters. You can be faced with serious side effects and adverse reactions.
What are the problematic ingredients of the natural energy boosters?
- Caffeine: Caffeine is one of the most common ingredients of natural energy booster drinks. Because of its natural energy boosting properties it is added to the energy drinks. But the truth about the effect of caffeine on health is yet to be clarified. There are some studies linking caffeine to poor health. Haven’t you heard too much of coffee consumption is bad for the mental health. Similar is other products with caffeine content and the natural energy booster drinks contains too much of caffeine content. Too much caffeine consumption can raise the blood pressure, may cause insomnia, will have digestion problems, leads to diabetes, allergies, can disturb the mental imbalances and so on.
- Sugar: Sugar is known to be a sweet poison. Almost all the energy drinks contains sugar in it. The natural energy boosters like fruits have high amount of sucrose or glucose content in it. But the fruits are natural source of sugar and are not as harmful as the sugar content in the energy drinks. Apart from taking a toll on your weight, sugar is also bad for the health. It gives energy for the development of bacteria, leads to liver disorders, leads to diabetes and other metabolic syndrome. Too much of sugar consumption has also shown effects on the cancer cells. That is why you will notice most of the cancer patients having a sweet tooth.
- B Vitamins: B Vitamins are great for the health and it is essential to have B vitamins in the body. But for some people the B vitamins added in the natural energy boosters can be dangerous for health. That is, for some the cause of side effects after having these natural energy boosters will be from B Vitamins. Vitamin B3 also known as Niacin is safe only to a small consumption. If you have more than 35 mg of Niacin or Vitamin B3 there are chances that you will experience flushing of the skin. If the intake is too high like for 3000 mg then there will be serious consequences like liver toxicity.
- Inositol: Any ingredient in the natural energy booster drinks that is dangerous when consumed in large quantities is Inositol. There are cases where too much of inositol content in the energy drinks has caused stomach upsets like diarrhea and vomiting. Some people have also experienced dizziness, tiredness and headaches. Serious cases of consuming inositol in large doses have reported and some people have also faced psychiatric disorders.
- Herbs: Natural herbs are obviously natural and good for health. but herbs like ginseng, ginkgo biloba, L-carnitine and L-theanine have side effects linked to sleep disorders, low blood pressure, palpitations, headaches, fever, appetite disorders, miscarriage, pruritus, nausea, dizziness, restlessness, depression, stuffy nose and so on. The amino acids l-carnitine and L-theanine also poses certain side effects mentioned. This is the reason why the natural energy boosters including either of these herbs or amino acids are banned in many countries.
Is Taurine a dangerous ingredient in the energy drink?
Too much of taurine consumption is bad for the health. But you do not have to worry about energy booster drinks that contain taurine as the amount used in it is less comparatively. There are some countries that have banned all the energy drinks with taurine in it. But taurine in a moderate level is safe to be had.
Can additives make the natural energy boosters dangerous?
Additives be it food additives, natural additives and man-made additives are dangerous to health. All the natural energy boosters contain certain amount of additives or artificial coloring or preservatives in it. Excess of usage of these additives can lead to attention disorders, sleeping disorders, sleep breathing disorders like snoring and so on. These additives are actually chemicals that are added to the energy snacks or energy drinks for enhancing the flavors, color and even texture. Some people are very sensitive to these additives and experiences allergies, hives, diarrhea and other stomach disorders as a side effect of having drinks with additives.
Sugar is considered as a dangerous ingredient in the natural energy boosters. But now there are natural energy booster’s drinks that claim to have no sugar content in it. Those natural energy boosters that are sugar-free contain artificial sweeteners. Artificial sweeteners are bad for the health too. The exact reasons why this is bad has not been stated but it is said to have negative effects on our health.
What are the side effects of Natural Energy Booster?
Even though the energy boosters provide you with instant energy, the ones that work faster will certainly have side effects. This is common for those people who are more sensitive to such external factors. The intensities and the types of side effects vary for different people but nevertheless the most common types of side effects are:
- Headaches: Headaches are one of the mildest forms of side effects one can experience while consuming the natural energy boosters. The natural energy booster’s drinks will give you instant burst of energy and if you experience headache after a while or at any time then you can stop using that energy booster and ask your doctor for another one. This should be specially taken care of when you are person not having headaches and you frequently have headaches after consuming the drink.
- Respiratory distress: Some people experience respiratory disorders as a side effect of natural energy boosters. People will have trouble breathing or have shortness of breath or faster breathing. If experience these problems especially during taking the natural energy boosters then discontinue the product. Check out if you are allergic to any of the ingredients in the energy drink you are consuming. Seek medical help if it is serious respiratory issues.
- Shaking: Shaking or trembling of the body, hands or feet is another type of side effects faced by some people. If not treating well it can lead to serious diseases. There are many conditions that apply with this side effects and utmost care should be given. This can be caused because of ingredients in the natural energy boosters that do not suit your body systems.
- Palpitations: Heart palpitations is caused when you have an irregular heartbeat. The stimulants in the natural energy booster’s drinks give rise to these palpitations for some. You heart starts beating abnormally when you are having a heart palpitation and if you experience this immediately discontinue the usage of the natural energy boosters and check with your doc.
- Stomach upset: One of the most visible side effects of bad natural energy boosters is stomach upset or gastrointestinal upset. This happens when there occurs a disorder in the digestive function. People experience vomiting, diarrhea, nausea, appetite suppression, increase of appetite and other similar problems when they are experiencing stomach disorders.
- Dizziness: You are feeling dizzy when you are experiencing a whirling feeling inside. You feel the whole world is turning around and you get giddy. This is one of the side effects of having natural energy boosters that are dangerous. These natural energy boosters should be avoided the next time.
- Chest pain: There are rare cases where the person who have consumed a bad natural energy boosters has experienced chest pain. Immediately seek medical help when you experience chest pain and avoid natural energy boosters that could be dangerous in the future.
- Sleep disorders: Drinking natural energy boosters gives that sudden burst of energy during the day but during the night some people experience sleeping disorders as complex as Insomnia. This proves that the energy drink you are having is dangerous for your health and you should avoid it.
There are many energy drinks that are natural available in the market for purchase. It is also available online. But always be careful when you purchase such items and check whether you are allergic to any ingredients or not.