our body needs ample supply of energy for healthy bodily functions. The supply of energy needs to be increased at the time of endurance like body workout, sports, athletic events and anything else that involves huge physical strength.
Foods to increase energy
- Water: When you workout, a lot of water goes out from your body through perspiration. So it is essential to have sufficient amount of water content in the body to keep up your energy levels in the body. You can have regular cups of water before, during and after the workout period. Water helps your body to be always hydrated.
- Fruits: Fruits are a rich source of vitamins, minerals and fiber. It also contains sucrose content that provides energy better than sugar. Some fruits you can have before the workout is bananas, watermelon, mangoes, pineapple and so on.
- Honey: Honey is a great energy booster as it contains fructose and glucose in it. honey also provides the body with essential vitamins and antioxidants and are effective to provide energy when you workout. So having a spoonful of honey before workout will help you to exercise longer with full energy.
- Wheat: There is a huge variety of wheat products available and consuming any wheat product provides the body with quick energy. Some of the wheat products are oats, cornflakes, and grains and so on. wheat helps to maintain the blood sugar levels and supports the functioning of the digestive system.
- Coffee: Coffee provides endurance capacity for a short period of time. that is, it is just a temporary energy booster and once the effect of coffee or caffeine wears off, your boost of energy also wears off. But then you can have another cup of coffee to boosts up the energy. any substance having caffeine content in it can be had prior to the workout as it supplies the body with energy and improves your mental health.
- Nutrition: Providing the body with ample amount of nutrients is very important to sustain your energy throughout the work out process. It not only increases the energy levels but also helps in shedding few pounds by getting rid of the excess body fat.
- Yogurt: Yogurt contains substance called probiotics that supports the healthy functioning of your body. It also boosts the immunity system and provides relief to any stomach disorders.
Natural Energy booster drink Recipes
When you are going to exert yourselves, it is better to have liquid intakes than heavy solid intakes. You can always make energy drink and store it in a bottle and take with you to the gym.
- Chocolate milk: Dark chocolate or raw chocolate are high in energy. It actually provides the body with ample amount of energy unlike the milk chocolate. Making a milk shake out of chocolate or cocoa powder, almond milk, cinnamon, honey, nutmeg, vanilla extract can give you the energy needed for workout. Any type of chocolate milk juices can be made to drink even post workout.
- Green Juice: A juice rich in all green vegetables is great for the health and supplies the body with ample energy. Apart from increasing the energy levels, it oxygenates the blood levels and makes your brain sharper. Green vegetables like cucumber, parsley, spinach, celery, broccoli, sprouts, kale, lettuce and all the other leafy vegetables can be had. You can mix either all or couple of these green vegetables in a blender and make a juice out of it. have a glass of green juice and feel refreshed. This is also good to have in mornings even if you are not working out. Green tea is also packed with antioxidants and nutrients that provide the body with lots of energy. It is known to be high in health benefits.
- Banana Shake: Mix in a blender chopped bananas, low-fat yogurt, milk, vanilla extracts and ice cubes (preferable) and allow it to blend well. You can have this shake after working out. When you work out a lot of physical and mental strength is exerted and your body losing water in the form of perspiration. You can bring back the health and keep your body hydrated with the help of this drink. It also supplies the body with proteins, carbohydrates, potassium and magnesium. You can make another banana shake with the combination of ripe banana, raw almonds, almond butter, whey protein, kale leaves, yogurt, flax seeds and milk.
- Lemon-Limeade Drink: A combination of lemon and lime juice gives you electrolyte replenishment. You can mix the juice of lemon and lime in water and add a pinch of sugar to it. for sweetened taste you can add coconut milk and honey. This drink helps to restore the water content lost through perspiration in the body.
- Pineapple Ginger Mint juice: You can make a natural blend of pineapple and ginger to form a juice. Add some mint leave for soothing effects. another combination of energy drink with ginger is adding honey, ground cardamom and turmeric to it. you can place slices of ginger or pineapple in your drink to give that refreshing taste and finishing touch.
Importance of Energy Booster Pre Workout
- Longer Workout Period: Having Energy Boosters before working out provides the body with ample amount of carbohydrates, nutrients, proteins and all the other ingredients needed to have a healthy, quality and longer workout period. Energy boosters provide fuel for the body and keep the person energized for a longer period of time.
- Supplies strength: A workout involves a lot of exertion of physical strength and having an energy booster pre workout helps to maintain that physical strength throughout the workout session. The energy boosting supplements stimulates the bodily functions and helps you to perform well throughout the whole working out period. They give instant energy to the consumers. People who are about to participate in a match or sports event can have these energy boosters.
- Improved Performance: If you are participating in sports events or athletics or any other competition that involves lot of physical stamina, it is the natural energy boosters you have to have.
- Reduced Fatigue: People who work out or exercise tend to get tired within the initial period of work out. It is common to get tired very quickly but to get the results you need, the workout or exercise should be done for a longer period of time, say at least for 15 minutes. The natural energy boosters strengthen the body and reduce fatigue.
- Immunity system: Apart from providing the physical and mental strength needed for the body at the time of workout, these natural energy boosters also helps to improve the immunity system. it helps you to keep away from diseases and promotes the right bodily functions.
- Risk of cramps: Getting cramps is a common thing for people who workout often. People who are beginners to work out or exercises are more prone to be attacked by cramps. The natural energy boosters keep the risk of cramps at a very low level.
- Risk of stomach aches: Stomach aches are also another common thing that occurs for people who are beginners in endurance or those who work out a lot. The natural energy boosters help in relieving such stomach aches or stomach aches and prevent them too.
- Improves body composition: The natural energy boosters also helps in improving the body composition. It helps to shed that extra weight and keeps you fit and strong. It burns fat and converts these fats into energy. This energy can be used during your work out sessions.
Importance of Energy Booster Post Workout
During the workout a lot of endurance and pressure is given to your body and the water content is drained out through perspiration. So it is good to drink natural energy boosters to bring back that water levels and energy levels back. Having natural energy boosters is like a recovery blend. It also speeds up the muscle recovery. You tend to get tired all over the body and the natural energy boosters allows for speedy recovery.
Drinks rich in carbohydrates, caffeine, vitamins, tart cherry and other fruits and vegetables rich in water content are good to have as a natural energy boosters post workout. The drinks you make for drinking pre workout can be had post workout too. the ultimate aim is to bring the body back to the energized levels.[/restab]
[restab title=”Energy Drinks”]
Take on Energy Drinks
Most of the natural energy boosters contain substances like caffeine, taurine and vitamin Bs. These natural energy boosters provide an instant boost to the energy level and help you to concentrate on works better. It improves your performance and increasing your mental ability. Your mind will be sharper and have more concentration power. The natural energy boosters are good for maximizing workouts. It helps you to go that extra mile to shed that extra weight or to achieve that goal in shorter period of time. people prefer natural energy boosters or drinks than making one is because it is more convenient and less time consuming, that is it does not require our time to make the drinks as the drinks are readily available.
However there are some drawbacks for natural energy boosters or drinks. These drinks include a huge amount of sugar in it and other sweeteners and this can lead to weigh gain. These natural energy boosters’ drinks are high in calories. For some people it has side effects of cardiovascular problems. This is mainly for those who overdose the natural energy boosters. The body is also prone to metabolic issues, stress, psychological problems are so on. there are also chances of getting addicted to it.
Mental Natural Energy Booster before Gym
Yes, that’s true! You can mentally boost your energy and give you’re the willpower to do a better workout session. One of the biggest mental energy boosters is Motivation. Most of the people workout for reaching a specific goal. So achieving the goal is a positive motivator. For women the goal would be to get in shape and for men it would be built up his body.
Listening to music is a great way of boosting the mental energy. Most the people have their iPods in the running mode when they go for a walk or run. Music is also known to be an excellent cure for many mental diseases. You can watch work out videos online and get some motivation from the trainers talk shown. You can go through the before and after pictures of people before undergoing work out and after undergoing work out.
Some Energy Booster Supplements
Vitamin B tablets are available with the main constituency of Vitamin B. Vitamin B is known to be an energy vitamin that supports the function of breaking down food and converting it into energy. It also provides mental strength and makes you feel less tired.
- White Flood
- No – Xplode
- Chocolate Energy Drink
- Before the Gym Energy Drink
Tips to Increase Energy
Any food item that is rich in fructose or glucose is a great energy booster.
Have foods that are easy to digest, especially when you are having it prior to the workout. Avoid food that is high in fat and fiber and these foods take time to digest.
Having Foods rich in carbohydrates before and after a workout regimen supports the muscle capability and improves it too.
Foods rich in protein not only help to increase the muscle capability but it also helps in repairing muscles and muscle tissues. It provides supports to all the functions of the muscle and also reducing the soreness caused in the muscles after working out.
Drinks are suggested prior to workout than heavy meals. You can have small amount of foods that provide energy like energy bars, sandwiches and so on. But having heavy meals should be 3 to 4 hours before you workout.
When you have food prior to working out, the stress given in the stomach increases and which along with the digestion process reduces your workout performance. For some people it also causes gastro-intestinal discomfort.
Avoid heavy meals 3 to 4 hours before workout.
Take out all the mental and physical stress you are experiencing and concentrate only on the workout to have best results. there are chances of the stress affecting your workout which indirectly reduces the levels of energy in your body.
Make sure you do not over work out to achieve your goals faster. This will fare only negatively on your body.